Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scenes From London, British Museum, Good Bye England

What a hound! The breed no longer exists in pure form. Some modern breeds, such as the Cane Corso and Neopalitan Mastiff, have inherited some of the Molossian's genetic material. The Roman military used Molossian hounds as battle dogs.

Great looking porker.
Mithras slaying the bull.
I leave the museum around noon to get some lunch at a pub across the street. It is here, during my last full day in England, that I find a place that serves Spitfire Bitter Ale. This ale was recommended to me by a Brit during the flight to England and became a minor mission (obsession?) for me. I was beginning to despair after not finding Spitfire Bitter in the other London pubs. Deus ex machina! Check out Spitfire's funny and refreshing "not-politically-correct" ads. My B&B host in Twice Brewed really likes these ads. He says the Germans hate the ads. This is the last of my England summer 2007 postings. Subsequent postings will be my more recent adventures in other parts of the world.

No comments: