Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 2

We see a LOT of these critters. It seems EVERY home has at least 12 or 13 dogs. NONE of them are leashed (well, not many). NONE of them are fenced in (well, very few). And NONE of them have been fed for three weeks (OK, so I exaggerate). But they ALL enjoy chasing us down "their" country roads. What to do? We have discovered that a REALLY loud refillable air horn available from Cabelas stops Rottweilers and Pit Bulls. We carry pepper spray as the next line of defense. This fella below lives on Josephine Road.

Feeding horses on Josephine Road.
Llamas on Biddle Pike. These critter pictures were taken Fall 2008.

Today, June 13, was the first time on my bike since my May 28 wipe out on Burgess Smith. My knee still aches and there is still some swelling and bruising. I did almost 29 miles today down Rogers Gap to Double Culvert to Luke to Davis to Hinton-Sadieville to Elk Lick to Pike (Davis) into Sadieville to Luke and back. While in Sadieville I saw my fellow librarian, Lee the Bookmobile Lady, in her Bookmobile waiting for patrons to check out books. Drats! I forgot to bring my camera on this bike ride. I missed a lot of good shots.


No comments: