Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 7

All world-class athletes drink beer and the Pig Skulls Bike Team is no exception. There is one big difference between them and us, however. The Pig Skull Bike Team brews its own beer. Today, June 20, we opened the first bottles of Pig Skull Ale. Great color, great smell, great head and great taste. It is a fine example of an American Pale Ale. Slightly more hops than an English Pale Ale.


Nicholas, one of my assistant brewers (Jacob is my other assistant brewer), samples the first bottle of Pig Skull Ale. Our ale goes great with the Pig Skull Jerky we made.

I learned some disappointing news from my doctor the other day. My knee that was banged up in the bike accident May 28 is still not right. It aches and tightens up when I ride. In fact, it was that way even before the accident. Doc says I shouldn't ride until I see an orthopedic doc this Wednesday. I'm hoping for good news.

A word of warning: please be careful when using the Georgetown/Scott County Road and Street Guide map from the Chamber of Commerce. I have discovered street name errors for some country roads in northeast Scott County e.g. Boyers Chapel, Dryden, Muddyford.

No comments: