Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 10

I see the orthopedic doctor this early morn, June 24, about my banged up right knee. The bad news: he'll have to amputate. The good news: my double-duty pedaling left leg will soon be a dead ringer for limbs seen on Kentucky Derby thoroughbreds. Nah, not really! Doc says I might have some bursitis. And get this--HE WANTS TO TREAT ME LIKE AN ATHLETE and see a physical therapist. Cool huh? Doc says to stay off the bike for awhile and try different activities that work the knee e.g. hiking, swimming, treadmill, to determine if it's just biking that is the culprit.


This fella was one of two bucks I saw near my house yesterday. He was the smaller one. His big brother had an impressive rack. These guys better watch out come bow hunting season.

No comments: