Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Day 1, Part 2

First pit stop Saturday about 15 miles out of Louisville. Pits stops are well organized and well stocked with snacks, drinks, toilets and even medical. Pit stops are situated approximately every 15 miles along the route. I'm impressed with the entire Ride operation--coordination, helpful, cheerful support volunteers. I notice the riders come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Many of the overweight riders are strong riders.


End of the line for Saturday's 82 mile ride is Masterson Station Park, Lexington. Riders are entertained by the Beatles-playing Rigbys and wolf down some wonderful catered Mexican food. There is Pale Ale beer too.




Tents are available for riders at Masterson Station Park. I chicken out and head home to my bed in Georgetown. Nicholas sleeps in a tent. Tomorrow is the 75 mile return trip to Louisville and I want to make sure I'm sufficiently rested.

No comments: