Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 40

Looking down Skinnersburg Road at Corinth Christian Church. I bike about 22 miles today, Aug. 12, before work. Get a late 9:30 AM start at Biddle Pike and eventually end up in Stamping Ground to visit Jackie and Sue (the Salt-Rising Bread people). Sort of warm but the heat doesn't bother me. Feel good going up steep hills. My strength, endurance and cardio have improved. I CAN FEEL IT!!!!!
Interesting shadows at Corinth Christian Church.


Quilt along Seebree Road heading into Stamping Ground. I bike some new roads today in addition to Seebree--Graves and Stonetown. I don't have time to take pics of the other quilts along Seebree. Next time.


Closeup of same quilt.

Some good news. You CAN teach an old dog new tricks--especially if you use pepper spray. Remember the Rottweiler on Biddle Pike that I blasted with pepper spray? I ride by his home today. Guess what? He is there on his front lawn near the road. Guess what happens? Nothing. He watches me pedal down the road. I just hope he has a good memory--biker=pain.

Vital stats from my bike computer: Speed (13.7 mph avg., 34.5 mph max); Heart (125 bpm avg., 153 bpm max.); Cadence (84 revolutions per minute avg., 199 revolutions per minute max.). I burn 568 calories. Actual pedal time is 1 hour, 36 minutes.

No comments: