Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 43

This is the house on Rogers Gap Road. I ride almost 32 miles this morn before work. I bike Long Lick Pike from Skinnersburg Road to Locust Fork Road which is a portion of Long Lick Pike I've never before biked. Really pretty scenery. Pretty Long Lick Baptist Church with graveyard. I believe I bike past JoAnn's home. Take Locust Fork to Bond Pike to US 227 to Stamping Ground then back. Spook a bunch of turkeys on Bond Pike. There is a GREAT, LONG descent on Bond Pike that empties into US 227. It's really great to ride early in the morn--cool temps, quiet, no traffic, great light for taking pics. Unfortunately, I don't have my camera with me this morn. These pics are from yesterday's ride, Aug. 15.

Another pic from Elk Lick Road.

This is the long hill climb up to the lonely cemetery on Hinton Sadieville Road. You can just barely make out the cemetery. Not a good shot, I know, but it gives you an idea of the long, lonely climb.

More flowers along Hinton Sadieville Road.

My vital stats from my bike computer for today's ride: Speed (13.9 mph avg., 37.0 mph max.); Heart (118 bpm avg., 144 bpm max.); Cadence (80 revolutions per minute avg., 128 revolutions per minute max.). I burn 731 calories. Actual pedal time is 2 hours, 17 minutes.

No comments: