Monday, July 6, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 21

I ride 22 miles this evening down Rogers Gap to Double Culvert to Biddle Pike past Indian Creek and back averaging 13.8 mph. Not great but not bad considering I have to walk some of the hills. Make some doggie buddies on the return trip while walking up a hill near Luke. Nice doggies. I guess that's the secret to Biker-Doggie peace--walk the bike. Puts a slight crimp in things doesn't it? My knee feels pretty good. I'm discovering the joy of climbing hills while standing up in the bike. It's easier than trying to stay seated but it "burns" more.

Nicholas and I will ride 50 miles this Thursday--Keenland to Frankfort and back.

I see Chad, my physical therapist, tomorrow. I've been faithful about doing my daily stretching exercises.

Please sponsor either Nicholas Key or Mike Key or both of us by donating either online or by printing off mail-in donation forms at Ride To Conquer Cancer.

Thank you.

No comments: