Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 26


I ride alone for 23.5 miles after work down Rogers Gap to Double Culvert to Luke to Davis to Boyers Chapel and back. This is my first time on Boyers Chapel. I don't go far because I'm running out of daylight. I average 14.1 mph which is an improvement over yesterday's 13.8 mph. I feel good. Take a lot of hills without walking. Thinking of getting a cadence/heart monitor cyclocomputer to give me a better idea how my training is going. Meet some lady bikers earlier in the day before Mass at Georgetown's Lock & Key coffee joint. They suggest the Cateye brand cyclocomputer. The one lady is from Champaign, IL visiting her biking buddy from Lexington, KY who rides a Specialized. They biked in from Midway. The Illinois lady says she isn't used to hills.



Macro shot of pretty flower along Boyers Chapel Road fence.

No comments: