Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 28

This big fella is fenced in with a goose along Double Culvert Road near US 25. There are dogs behind a separate fence. You should hear the noise these critters make as I take pics. The owner has a great alarm system. Didn't the ancient Romans use geese in this way?

I'm being dared to ride further down Hinton Sadieville Road. Stupid sign. Let's see what's ahead.

Double dare ya! Another stupid sign.

Methodist Church on Boyers Chapel Road. I'm not certain but I think this is in Harrison County.

The above pics are taken from my July 16 ride. Today, July 18, I ride 29 miles and feel really good. I power up each hill. No walking. I meet a friendly little beagle on Sims Road during my return trip. I befriend him. Big mistake. We are pals now. He follows me for two miles down Rogers Gap Road. I can't believe his perseverance with those little legs! He finally gives up after I open a big gap going down some fast descents. Wonderful little dog. Quite a change of pace from all the meat-eaters that chase us.

No comments: