Monday, July 27, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 32

Getting really serious about my training. Went and bought me a new bike computer that measures speed, heart rate, cadence (how fast I pedal per minute) and calories burned. All of these measurements can be displayed in real time, average and maximum. There are lot more measurements available. My only complaint is that the numerals are too small for old geezer eyes. This might be something I hand down to my son.

More pics of the Pollard Henry Cemetery from my July 16 ride. This is taken from inside the cemetery looking across NE Countyline Road at an old shack.


There is a plastic case affixed to a wooden post which contains vital statistics of some of the people buried at the cemetery.
This is a closeup of the record for farmer and widower Pollard Mack Henry, died May 27, 1937 of chronic heart disease. Left click for a better look.

No comments: