Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ride To Conquer Cancer, Training Progress, Part 34

I ride 40 miles today and fall only once! Not bad, huh? I take Biddle Pike to Salem to Porter to Josephine to Frazier to Caney Creek to Sutcliff to Minors Branch to US 227 into Minorsville and back. I take these macro flower pics next to the Ivy House From Hell in Minorsville. I have some difficulty focusing these marco shots because a slight breeze causes the flowers to sway. Even so, I'm happy with the results. Left click for more detail.


The focus on this "bug" plant is behind the nettles. Notice the finer detail of the leaf veins. The wind was tricky on this one.
My "twinkle toes" shot along Minors Branch Road. The vital stats from my Cateye bike computer: Speed (12.9 mph avg., 36.9 mph max); Heart Rate (130 bpm avg., 157 bpm max.); and Cadence (75 pedal revolutions per minute avg., 145 pedal revolutions max.). I burn 1189 calories. Actual pedaling time is 3 hours, 9 minutes. This is my longest ride so far. I know I could have gone further. Need to start earlier in the day.

No comments: